I have been very busy the past few months. Ever since I got back from TBU in Nantes, France I have been going hard trying to promote my blog. For a long time I wasn’t sure I could really do this. Make the blog a job that is. Now I see after these past 4 months that I can. It is going to be a lot of hard work and I won’t make much money but writing and travel are the only things I can see myself doing.
When I close my eyes and I picture a future I see myself forever wandering. With that being said I have two people to thank for my inspiration to continue thetropicaltourist and GIna Zammit who saw something in my blog and nominated for my first blog award! Even though the blog has now changed names it is the same content and I am finally able to accept.
In honor of both nominations I am going to answer questions from both sets and nominate a few people who I think deserve recognition for their work.
The Liebster Award rules are:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you, with a link back to his/her blog
2) Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks you
3) Nominate 5–11 bloggers with under 500 Twitter followers
4) Create 11 questions for your nominees
5) Display the Liebster Award logo on your page
6) List these 6 rules in your blog post
My nominees are:
David from thewalkabouter
Michele from veryhungryexplorer
all four of the wonderful people who make up slowspirit
Ashlea from aglobewelltravelled
Natasha from traveladdictuk
1) Why did you start traveling? I started traveling because I felt like I couldn’t understand the differences in the world if I didn’t see them.
2) Where in the world is my favorite place? That is really hard! I love going away but I love coming home. So I would say my house.
3) What has been your favorite destination? Cambodia. I love places that are different from anything I know.
4) What was the last thing that scared you? The idea of getting in a hot air balloon in Turkey.
5)How do you choose your next destination? It depends. Sometimes it is something I read or a picture I see. Sometimes it is simply a feeling I get.
6)Do you speak any languages besides English? I speak Spanish but I am currently taking classes to be more fluent.
7)What type of accommodation do you prefer? Hostels better to meet people.
8)What was the last text message you sent? it was to my boyfriend about truffles.
9)Do you ever get nervous before going to a new destination? nervous/excited
10) Do you always like to go to new destinations or revisit your favorite ones? I love new destinations but I have enjoyed going back to places it makes them start to feel more like home and you get to know the place better each time.
11)Do you like honey? Yes, of course
1) Do you prefer books or a kindle when traveling?
2) If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
3) What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
4) Do you have a favorite TV show?
5)Have you ever had your luggage lost?
6) How long have you been writing about your travels?
7) Do you prefer solo travel or with a partner(s)?
8) What is something you always miss about home when you are traveling?
9) Are you a light packer ?
10) Beer or Wine?
11) Weirdest food you’ve tried while traveling?